Answered

Casting Youtube video through Sonos from Android

• 3 December 2020
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hi there im using a note 20 and im trying to cast YouTube videos from my phone to my sonos 1. Unfortunately I cannot do that only thing that works for now is spotify. I would like to watch Netflix and YouTube on my phone and listen to it on my Sonos is that possible ? Please help me out

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 December 2020, 18:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No. You’d need the ability to ‘split’ the signal into two streams, audio and video, and then the ability to send only the audio stream to the Sonos. 

To my knowledge, this capability does not exist in either YouTube or Netflix players.

Apple devices are able to do this with AirPlay 2 by grabbing all audio, and sending it to an external signal, I don’t believe this capability exists elsewhere.

You might look for third party apps for your device. But I’m not sure if such a thing exists. 

Thank you so much for your response. Tried with my iPad and it works with airplay.