Answered

cannot play Tunein Radio through my Echo Dot

• 22 August 2018
  • 3 replies

I used to be able to command Alexa to play say, Radio 2 from Tunein in Dining Room but since I got a new router I get the reply 'I didn't find anything called dining room that can play music'. On my Alexa app the Sonos speakers appear to be correctly set up as devices, and Tunein is listed as a music service but it won't let me set it as the default music service.
Am I doing something wrong?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 22 August 2018, 14:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Do you see your speakers show up correctly in the Sonos app? You many want to review the support article below and make sure Sonos is working correctly within the Sonos app before tackling any issues with Alexa.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

Assuming that's all setup correctly, are you still having issues? Are you able to give Alexa other commands? Can you play radio 2 on the echo device itself. If yes, the next step I'd take would be to disable and then re-enable the Sonos skill from within the Alexa app.
Thanks for your reply melvimbe. My Sonos system is working normally and responds to the Sonos apps. I can play radio stations on the echo device by giving the usual commands. I have disabled the Sonos skill from the Alexa app, then re-enabled it, but still get the same reply from Alexa 'I didn't find anything called dining room that can play music. Any more ideas?
I have now unplugged Sonos from my router and reconnected all speakers, but still the same problem persists. Do anyone have any other ideas?
Yours in hope