Answered

Cannot play external sources like Apple music and TuneIn radio in combination with Playbase

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply
My Sonos system consists of 1 x Play:1, 1 x Playbase and 1 x Connect. Until now I haven't experienced any problems at all. However this morning I could not play external sources like Apple music and TuneIn radio on any of my devices. I could still play music stored on my iPhone. I've powered off and on all Sonos devices and discovered that with the Playbase powered off I didn't have this problem anymore. As soon as the Playbase was added the problem reappeared. Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 January 2019, 20:29

No, it's more likely that there was something going on within your local network, which was fixed by a lease refresh by the router....which would have also been done by the wifi refresh I described.

The issue you've been experiencing is a problem with the speakers being able to reach the servers. Music within your network was working fine (on your phone). But playing Apple Music and TuneIn requires your speakers to reach outside of your local network through your router to the outside world. They weren't able to do that. Most often, that points to one of two things, either a borked DNS on the router, or duplicate IP address issue keeping your speaker(s) from staying attached to your router. Both of these situations would be resolved by the refresh as indicated.

View original

3 replies

As a start, I'd do a refresh of your wifi network. Unplug your Sonos devices from power. Reboot your router. Then plug back in one Sonos device at a time, starting with one that's connected to your router, if you have one. Wait a minute or two before moving to the next one.

Then do another test, and see if that has resolved the issue. If not, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
I'd done the refresh of the wifi already prior to the power off. Also to no avail. So this morning I thought I'd reconfigure my complete Sonos environment. However to my surprise the problem was gone. All devices are okay. Could it be that there was a software update last night? Is there a way to check when the updates take place?
No, it's more likely that there was something going on within your local network, which was fixed by a lease refresh by the router....which would have also been done by the wifi refresh I described.

The issue you've been experiencing is a problem with the speakers being able to reach the servers. Music within your network was working fine (on your phone). But playing Apple Music and TuneIn requires your speakers to reach outside of your local network through your router to the outside world. They weren't able to do that. Most often, that points to one of two things, either a borked DNS on the router, or duplicate IP address issue keeping your speaker(s) from staying attached to your router. Both of these situations would be resolved by the refresh as indicated.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings