Question

Cannot hear alarm

• 24 August 2020
  • 2 replies

All of a sudden I cannot hear the alarms I had set on my sonos system.  A notification is coming up on my mobile devices saying the alarms are playing, yet nothing is playing on the respective speaker.  All other services work like airplay etc…..Any help is much appreciated.

2 replies

I have worked out that I cannot set time by Internet for some reason, hence I could not hear the alarms, I have set time manually and now the alarms are working.  Which presents the next problem why can I not set the system time by the Internet?  Probably need to reset network connection?

That does point to something blocking the speakers from reaching the outside world for some reason. And if they can’t reach the outside world to set time, it might be equally hard for them to play an alarm’s music, which should then default to a chime. You may want to double check for VPNs, firewalls, virus protection programs, basically anything that might get in the way of the computer in each speaker reaching the outside world. 

If you can, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.