Answered

Can you make your Sonos One private to only access your phone?

• 7 October 2018
  • 2 replies

My Sonos device is connected to my WiFi which make it easy for me to connect to it. This also makes it easy for my roommate to connect to my device and take over or blast music from my room when I am trying to focus on something. Is it possible to make my device only recognize my phone?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 October 2018, 00:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Train your roommate to behave better.

https://smile.amazon.com/SeaSense-Large-Air-Horn-8oz/dp/B0019M5EZ4/ref=sr_1_1

If you control the router you might also be able to relegate your roommate and guests to a second WiFi that can't access your Sonos or other stuff.
No, unfortunately that isn't currently possible. There's been some requests for something like that, with the normal response from Sonos of "Thanks, we'll pass the request on to the team".

If it's a serious problem with your roommate, I'd give consideration to getting a travel router, which you can use to connect to the existing wifi, and have your own wifi, just be sure not to give the roommate the password. You could then connect your phone, computer, and Sonos to the signal sent out by the travel router.