Question

Can you configure Playbar to be on a wireless network?

• 19 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi. I've just purchased a Playbar and sub and it is all connected up and working whilst connected via ethernet. However, I am trying to connect the Playbar on a wireless network for Spotify use from my phone ie. switching from ethernet to wireless. Does anyone know how to do this as I have drawn a complete blank?
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I'm not sure I understand the reason for the question. I think you can set your wifi details in the playbar and then remove the network cable, but this doesn't change the operation of the playbar as far as I know, it just makes it a little less stable as it can't rely on a wired connection.
If you are asking how to stream Spotify through your phone to Sonos, then I don't think you can.
If you have a paid for Spotify account, then you can add it to your Sonos as a music service. You will then be able to play music from Spotify through Sonos.
Your Sonos player(s) are speakers that play direct from the source, your phone is simply a remote control. Sonos doesn't work like a bluetooth speaker, it gets its music direct from the source.
I'm not sure if my reply will help at all? Good luck!
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Are you a Spotify Premium subscriber? If not, to achieve what you want to do you will have to subscribe then add it to Sonos music services.
Ethernet or wireless will not directly affect this at all.