Answered

Can't Manage Music

• 12 November 2018
  • 7 replies

I am unable to Manage my Music. My options are greyed out. I have a Mac with 10.10.5 opererating system and my Sonos has the latest updates 9.2. Help...
icon

Best answer by Paulw123 12 November 2018, 11:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
With only 10.10 your mac is in "partially supported mode"
You need to get your mac upto 10.11 as per this :-
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126?language=en_US
or use a phone or other fully supported device.
Is this a Mac issue or a Sonos issue? Everything was working fine three months ago when I was able to manage my music but now I can't. I have not changed anything other than updating my OS and now I am told I need up update my OS again.
mrkc
Well, it's both. Apple no longer supports that OS, so Sonos no longer has access to any information on how to make any particular changes to their software in order to continue making changes to it, especially around security issues. So, Sonos (and other companies) move it off of their "supported" list, and no longer maintain the software that runs on that version of the OS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Like the new BBC sounds app will only work with iOS12. I had to update the Ios to use that, but not on my iphone5 which is stuck on ios10 😠 and no chromecast yet !!
This seems to be happening more with other companies and not just sonos.
Not uncommon in the game industry, where it basically becomes impossible to get support in order to understand how to continue to make an evolving codebase continue to work on a OS that you can no longer get documentation on.
Thanks for the insight people. I am sort of on verge of being tech aware but then... they change the rules and I need an update.
Good heavens, you've just define the majority of the world 🙂