Answered

Can't link speakers to account

• 13 October 2018
  • 4 replies

I've had Sonos for a number of years and all has worked smoothly. Since upgrading to fibre with new broadband router I cannot get Sonos to register my speakers - broadband is working absolutely fine, just Sonos that won't work. Help please!
icon

Best answer by buzz 13 October 2018, 17:22

First, don't factory reset anything. Factory reset may accidentally resolve your situation, but will involve a lot more, unnecessary work for you.

If you were using Standard Mode (WiFi), rather than SonosNet, and your WiFi password has changed, you'll need to wire a SONOS unit in order to enter the new password.

At minimum you'll need to reboot all of the SONOS units in order to introduce them to the new router.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you tried with one Sonos unit hooked to router (sonosnet mode). Where do you get an error?
First, don't factory reset anything. Factory reset may accidentally resolve your situation, but will involve a lot more, unnecessary work for you.

If you were using Standard Mode (WiFi), rather than SonosNet, and your WiFi password has changed, you'll need to wire a SONOS unit in order to enter the new password.

At minimum you'll need to reboot all of the SONOS units in order to introduce them to the new router.
Thanks - I did the sonosnet mode first and it found the unit but when it tried to register the speaker with my account I got the error message - hence why i tried factory reset - manage to find and set up all the speakers but the final stage when it registers th speakers... same thing - error.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hopefully you didn’t hard reset all. Plug in a different one not hard reset and try and register with plugged in router.