Answered

Can Sonos Beam Connect to Receiver?

• 21 July 2018
  • 5 replies

My TV is a dinosaur, no optical, two HDMI, NOT ARC, etc. Can I connect my Beam to my receiver as a workaround for an old TV? If that doesn't work, is the next best option using a HDMI Arc converter? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Paulw123 21 July 2018, 14:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
If your tv or reciever has optical out, you can use the optical to HDMI adaptor the beam comes with and forget connecting beam with HDMI altogether.
Tx for the quick reply Paulw123.....I forgot one minor detail 😉, my TV does not even have an optical out. Any opinion on using a HDMI arc converter? Also, any idea if/how I can use my beam until I figure out how to connect with my TV? We stream Spotify in our existing Sonos speakers (Play 1's) and would love to hear music from the beam
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
You should be able to stream spotify to the beam in exactly the same way, and through the sonos app as ant other sonos speaker.
I think you need to treat yourself to a new 4K tv ;O)...no optical or ARC hdmi out from tv makes it useless, and most recievers are great for inputs but not so good with choice of outputs.
Can anyone confirm that I can setup the Beam without a TV?
I downloaded (updated to be correct) the controller app on my iPad but I don't see any prompts as described in the setup documentation
Badge +1
If your tv or reciever has optical out, you can use the optical to HDMI adaptor the beam comes with and forget connecting beam with HDMI altogether.
Hi Paul any confirmation on this that I can make the the beam work as with a TV if I connect it through optical with an AVR?