Answered

Calm App service suddenly unavailable

I use the Calm app every night to help my son drop off to sleep. Tonight Sonos said it was unable to browse the Calm app. I removed the app service and tried adding it again. I was asked to authorise the app by signing in (I was already signed into the paid for version of the app). The sign in page just kept looping and wouldn’t accept my login. Each time it took the login it then recycled to the blank login page and Sonos said it was unable to add the service. 

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 May 2021, 21:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Seems like their auth server for Sonos connections may have been down. Have you checked recently?

Other things I’d try, since you’ve done the obvious one already :)

1. Refresh my network by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting my router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.
  2. Contact Calm directly, and ask them about their authorization server.
  3. Submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of recreating this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

Thanks Bruce. I think you are right. It did eventually connect. All the best, David 

Do to the nature of a Sonos device, that relies on so many other things, to always be able to quickly point a finger at any single company….sometimes you’re right, sometimes you’re not. I’m happy that it was resolved without much issue on your part. 

Sonos does a relatively good job on their connections web page ( on my screen, on the right, in puce, labeled View real time service status), but since that’s likely automated, it may be checking the server that Sonos points to to stream music/data, and not necessarily the associated account authorization servers.