Question

Buffering from NAS

• 29 September 2019
  • 3 replies

I have been experiencing problems over the last few days with buffering. I haven't changed anything during that time but suddenly I cannot play music from my NAS without drop-outs, long periods of silence with intermittent noise and track skipping. Router is showing good connection speeds and have tried re-booting the whole network but still have the same problem. I have submitted a diagnostic report
[ref: 1938486874]. Could this be channel related? Thanks.

3 replies

It's possible that you have Dynamic IP address during set up your NAS. You need to go in set up and change to Static IP address, so the IP address does not reset when you reboot the router
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Maybe run a new diagnostic and try contacting Sonos support directly? 24x7 options on the contact page.

I'd lean to it being a WiFi issue, not a lot you can do but trying one of the other two clear channels (1, 6, 11) might help. You could look at your network matrix as well, just replace my IP with your Sonos's IP.

http://172.16.1.115:1400/support/review
Many thanks Thanh and Stanley_4. Will investigate both suggestions tomorrow and update with feedback.