Browse by genre then display by album? - MacOS

• 6 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Forgive me for such a basic question - I did search! Under several terms!

I want to browse by collection by genre - classic in particular - and see it sorted by album, not song. Because classic albums break up their concertos, or symphonies, or whatever, into "songs", and generally one wants to play the entire piece at once.

It's been asked before, and I don't seem to see a response where someone says "yup, here's the button to press to display albums within a genre". Am I missing something hideously obvious? (It's possible 🙂 ).

If not, could we PLEASE add this to the list of "enhancements people really want"?

I figure if iTunes can do it, surely Sonos can as well?

Setup: three Play:1s in different rooms (wireless over an Apple Airport time capsule), one Playbar and one sub (wired into the same Airport).

Controllers: MacOSX app, iPad app, iTunes app (rarely). Yes, we're a Mac house here.

Libraries: iTunes on Mac and iPad; Spotify on Mac and iPad.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge
This has been asked for several times already in this forum (not necessarily for the MacOS controller, but for the iOS controller for sure). I myself am desperate for this feature and really hope it'll be integrated soon. However, it's been pointed out that it is up to Apple (assuming we are talking Apple Music here) to address this issue. I am not sure to which extent this is correct. Let's hope this extremely basic (!) feature will be implemented soon.
This has been asked for several times already in this forum (not necessarily for the MacOS controller, but for the iOS controller for sure). I myself am desperate for this feature and really hope it'll be integrated soon. However, it's been pointed out that it is up to Apple (assuming we are talking Apple Music here) to address this issue. I am not sure to which extent this is correct. Let's hope this extremely basic (!) feature will be implemented soon.
Music streaming providers are using SMAPI to integrate their service on Sonos. As to Apple Music, I won't hold my breath regarding a major upgrade/overhaul of the implementation within the Sonos app because of Airplay2.

https://musicpartners.sonos.com/node/72
Badge
This is so ironic, given that Apple Music is the only streaming service that allows you to edit and organize your music's genre. Oh well...