Boost with an S1 system?

• 17 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Can the Sonos Boost connect to the Play 5 (Gen 1) and the Play 3?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi lammor5.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to know if you can connect the Play 5 (gen 1) and Play 3 to the Sonos Boost. Let me help out.

Yes, as long as you stay with the Sonos S1 app, you can simply add the Sonos Boost using the add Boost or Bridge function on the Sonos S1 app by going to settings » system » add Boost or Bridge. I would also like to ask if you can send me a private message of your desired screen name here in the Sonos Community so I can help out with that. This is to protect your personal information (Email address) from being displayed as your screen name.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks Paul A.  

Thanks for the welcome.  I recently relocated and my Sonos Bridge was “misplaced”.  Guess I’ll purchase the Boost.  Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi lammor5,

Thanks for the immediate response and feedback.

You have 2 options to make things work.

• You can replace the Sonos Bridge with the Sonos Boost to still make all Sonso devices work with the Sonos Mesh system.
  • Or you can make everything go connect to your wireless network by following this guide.

Just a little quick fact. Please make sure that the Sonos App is able to see your existing Sonos system prior to installing the Sonos Boost. 

I would also like to ask if you can send me a private message of your desired screen name here in the Sonos Community so I can help out with that. This is to protect your personal information (Email address) from being displayed as your screen name.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,