Question

Bluetooth and Sonos?

• 9 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Dear all,

I am building my house. I have multiple Sonos speakers series 1 and 3 in my current house and wanted to move them into my new house. I also wanted to use multiple Sonos connect and link it to ceiling speakers in multiple rooms. 

my contractor has put power for Bluetooth speakers in the ceiling space but no hard wire for ceiling speaker to link to Sonos connect.

The ceilings have been plastered and decorated… is there a way I can keep the existing Bluetooth setup and link to a Sonos setup? hope this makes sense, apologies if it doesn’t. 

Kind regards

John

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

It's not possible to connect your bluetooth ceiling speakers with the Sonos Connect. The Connect only use with an amplifier, not directly to the ceiling, that would require a Sonos Amp. 

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to reply. So will a Sonos amp fix my issue ?

No, not really. Other than the Sonos Move, there are no Sonos devices that accept a Bluetooth signal directly, and the Move, while it is set up to receive Bluetooth, won’t be on the Sonos network. If you must use Bluetooth, and I’d encourage against it, you could add a normal Bluetooth receiver to any Sonos device that has an analog input. 

The real benefit of the a Sonos system for whole home audio is that you shouldn’t need to use Bluetooth at all. The Sonos software connects directly to internet streams, or reads your local library from your computer’s HD or an NAS.