Beam with two play 5's

• 10 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi All, Im thinking of getting a beam to replace a bose companion 3 serires 2 (two small speakers and a sub) for my 55 inch tv and use my two play 5's gen 2 as surround speakers. Im eager to see if this is an upgrade re sound quality. Does anyone alreay have a beam with two play 5's that can comment on what this setup sounds like?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

That’s exactly my setup. Couldn’t be happier with the sound quality for both music and tv.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks for the reply. What was you setup before for tv please? I’m trying to see a value add from the Bose 2:1 I’ve been using for about 8 years.

Also, what sounds are you hearing on the play 5’s while in surround mode? What I mean does it really sound like a surround system now?

Thanks Lee!
Okay, I see. I was using the TV’s sound. Which is in LG OLED with Armos. The beam and play:5’s kill it. I use the 5’s in full stereo mode for music and that sounds great. Music comes out of the Beam and the play:5’s at the same time. For movies and tv the surrounds work great. I’ve historically had high end home theatre equipment with VaF speakers. Obviously not as good but still impressive and very immersive.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks! Much appreciated, Im almost sold!

I would love someone else that has had a bose companion to comment as this is a huge improvement to a tv on its own.

Anyone thats had one?
Thanks.