Beam not showing up in app, can't play music

• 17 November 2018
  • 5 replies

My Beam isn't showing up in the Sonos App. I'm unable to play any music. It sucks. Any ideas on what to do?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you provide a bit more information. :)

Is this your only Sonos device? Has it worked before? What platform are you using for the App? (Android or iOS) What is the colour of the Status light on the Beam? Is the Beam showing in the Alexa App? Do you get a reply when you ask 'Alexa, what's the time?'
Hi,

I have two Play 1s as well. They're working fine. The Beam worked for a few weeks up until this week. I'm using iOS. The status beam is solid white. I don't use Alexa.

Appreciate the help UKMedia!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you please remove the app and reinstall it. If the problem persists, are you able to connect the Beam via an Ethernet cable?
Tried app reinstall. No luck. I already have it plugged into ethernet and connected to an Orbi mesh router.

Maybe this is helpful: when I try to add the speaker in the app, and I get to the step where you press the infinity button on the back of the Beam (screenshot attached), I don't get a chime sound.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you power the beam of for 5-10 mins and retest. If the problem persists can you factory reset the Beam (The Play:1's will retain your system setup) and then re add to your system.