Beam Conflict with HDMI Arc port on Samsung Smart TV

• 30 December 2018
  • 5 replies

This is a fairly new Samsung TV and has the HDMI Arc port to which I connected a new Sonos Beam. Set up was simple and worked great. Until, the TV was turned off overnight. When turning on the TV in the morning, there appeared to be a conflict with the cable box in HDMI 1. I’ve tried everything form calling Comcast, getting a new cable box, doing several factory resets on the TV and patching Samsung through to my TV to ensure the ports were in good working condition. I swapped out the Arc connection in favor of the Optical adapter and it seems to be working now but that somewhat defeats the purpose for having the Beam and Alexa controlling the TV. Has anyone seen this happen or do you have any recommendations?

Thx

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge
Hi!
I have the same problem. I have to disconnect Apple TV an deco before turning on TV. This way Beam is working properly. And plug other hdmi devices to use them later. But it is a bit uncomfortable to do this each time I turn TV off and on...
Turn off the HDMI-CEC Controls on the other connected peripherals or use a CEC-less adapter or cable with those devices to prevent them taking the control away from the Beam.
Thanks very much for the info. One last question. I should add a CEC less adapter to each of the components using my TV HDMI ports? For example I have a cable box and DVD player plus the Beam. Do I add CEC less adapter to all three or just the cable box and DVD player?? Thanks again!
Thanks very much for the info. One last question. I should add a CEC less adapter to each of the components using my TV HDMI ports? For example I have a cable box and DVD player plus the Beam. Do I add CEC less adapter to all three or just the cable box and DVD player?? Thanks again!
I would disconnect all the peripherals from the TV HDMI ports and then add them back one at a time until I found which one was causing the problem and then, either turn off the CEC control on that device, or if it’s not possible to do that, then add the CEC-less adapter/cable.
Thanks. Strange thing is, the setup works fine and I don’t get the problem until the the whole system is shut down overnight. The be even tested shutting it down for a few minutes and turning it back on and everything works fine. Thanks for your guidance. Much appreciated.