Question

bbc sounds

• 22 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
Is it possible to get my bbc sounds account linked to my sonos on android? Tia

5 replies

So far, the BBC has not chosen to add that channel to the Sonos ecosystem.
Many of us are disappointed about the lack of BBC Sounds - Sonos integration, expecting the same streaming ability that is available with Spotify - Sonos, e.g.

You can now stream from a Mac computer or handheld device from BBC Sounds to Sonos but there is as yet no Android equivalent.

I did notice a greyed-out Google cast icon on my android Sounds install the other day (that I cannot reproduce), so maybe something is happening in that direction also.
The individual companies are responsible for adding their content to the Sonos ecosystem, Sonos itself can not choose to go add something on its own. The BBC would need to initiate this.

See the Sonos partners page.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
I am able to find the BBC sounds shows I am interested in the the sonos podcast search function. There is an option to play live but I've never been able to try it while the shows are live on air.

Hope that helps
I am able to find the BBC sounds shows I am interested in the the sonos podcast search function. There is an option to play live but I've never been able to try it while the shows are live on air.

Hope that helps

Hi there. My guess is Sonos is finding those shows via TuneIn and or RadioPlayer, rather than BBC Sounds. I've found that coverage is patchy and unreliable, e.g. one week I might be able to find BBC radio 4 podcast of the latest 'News Quiz' but then not the next.