BBC programme search broken?

• 28 June 2017
  • 8 replies

For the last few days (using the Android app on phone, table and Windows app) same problem - searching under Podcasts & Shows for BBC Radio programmes such as "archers" has stopped working and finds nothing.

Usually works fine (though the Android app occasionally didn't see the latest episodes unless the Android cache was cleared).

Given live streaming is working, and I've ried for 2 Android and 1 Windows app to the same effect I guess the problem isn't on my side?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I guess noone else is suddenly having this problem?
I have exactly the same problem searching for exactly the same show. I contacted SONOS support but they are not helpful. If you search for Omnibus or Archers Omnibus, you get "Archers Omnibus" results. If you search for Archers then nothing - not even Archers Omnibus. Huh?
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I have the same problem with all BBC radio 2 podcasts
Support support is being really poor about this.

They've found a workaround - search for "Archer" despite the program name being "The Archers". Searching for "archers" or "the archer" doesn't work.

How are we supposed to know what half-assed search terms to work.

They keep closing the ticket as solved despite it not being solved, and despite me asking them to keep it open until its fixed so I have a way to track that it has been fixed and can start using my Sonos systme in a reasonable and productive manner.

Sonos - your handling of this issue is not exactly covering you in glory ...
Something certainly changed and it happened around the beginning of July. No idea why that would be so hard for them to track down!
At last some progress from Sonos support:

After investigating this further with a colleague it seems as though there is a tagging issue when searching this within Tune In.

In order to to look into this further we will need to escalate to a different team that can look further into this to see if we can resolve this issue for you. In the mean time the system tries to close tickets if they have not had any response over a period of time. I have set this to a different status to avoid this ticket automatically closing in the mean time.

Need more help? Join us on sonos.com/community. We're also available on Twitter via @SonosSupport. For more options visit sonos.support.com

When you call or email, please provide the incident number 170704-001260 to our Customer Care agent and he or she will be able to help you accordingly.
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
BBC search has always been bad! To get to the latest Saturday morning Sounds of the 60s you have to search for Brian Matthew still, (even though he's now gone to the radio station in the sky!) and you can't get the latest show for at least a week. But then Tony Blackburn's Friday Golden Hour show is available the next day.
I know this thread is a few months old but I’m wondering if anyone resolved this. We’ve had the same issue for months. We listen to Sounds of the 60s which is very rarely available the next day. Currently on 20/1/18 we can only find 6/1/18. Tony Blackburn’s Golden Hour is showing ‘no longer available’ It was on last night and available last week. What’s going on with the BBC podcasts. Can anyone help? And I wrote to the BBC a year ago to say Brian Matthews was still showing as the photo for Sounds of the 60s.....they didn’t reply and he’s still there bless him.