Answered

Audio keeps cutting out on my speakers

• 4 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Originally had 2 x Play1 speakers and seemed to work fine most of the time. Since we added a third Play1 I am getting constant cutout of audio. The speakers are in a restaurant and all grouped to play the same music.
Even when there are no customers in it cuts out so not just a case of too many devices using the WiFi.
I have tried changing my WiFi channels to 1, 6 and 11 and it makes no difference.
I am wondering if I wire the nearest speaker to the router will this help as they all currently operate wirelessly.
Diagnostic number 1737236475.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 6 July 2019, 00:03

From the diagnostic, it looks like channel 1 might be the best based on the neighborhood, but if you want to see if the wireless is your cause, you could certainly try with a wired player to the network. If you do that, make sure that your SonosNet channel and your router channels are separate. Sonos channel is listed under Settings > Advanced Settings (only when you have a wired player).

Have you tried out multiple types of audio sources, or do you have issues with all of them?

You want to give us a call and work with a technician live so that you can get this sorted out quickest.
View original

2 replies

It certainly wouldn’t hurt to wire one speaker, which would cause them all to create the mesh network known as a SonosNet.

I would actually be tempted to go in to the router and assign them all static IP addresses, too. It’s possible that during the recent update processes, they may have received a duplicate IP from your router.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
From the diagnostic, it looks like channel 1 might be the best based on the neighborhood, but if you want to see if the wireless is your cause, you could certainly try with a wired player to the network. If you do that, make sure that your SonosNet channel and your router channels are separate. Sonos channel is listed under Settings > Advanced Settings (only when you have a wired player).

Have you tried out multiple types of audio sources, or do you have issues with all of them?

You want to give us a call and work with a technician live so that you can get this sorted out quickest.