Answered

Audible App not showing names of Sonos speakers

• 30 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Collaborator I
  • 21 replies

Hi. I know this is not a Sonos issue as such but I want to know if anyone else has this problem.

When I am playing an audiobook with the Audible app and want to have it play on a Sonos speaker I see a list of devices but no device name.

If I put my finger on the picture of the speaker the name appears for a moment and it does select the device to play on but I am working blind from the list.

I have this problem on both android pixel 3a phones I own.

Everything else works fine..Spotify and the Sonos App find the speakers and names with no problems and I can play Audible via the Sonos app. 

I asked Audible support and they did not understand the issue.

Is anyone else having this problem?

icon

Best answer by tjt 18 February 2020, 00:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Is it perhaps some kind of ‘Dark Mode’ setting issue, either in the App, or your phone settings?

I would try turning your phone off and on again.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I reset my broadband and all my Sonos speakers several times, uninstalled and reinstalled audible app several times and the problem was still there.

Finally I factory reset my phone and reinstalled all my apps and the connect to device option was gone completely.

Then, a few days later, the option reappeared in the audible app and it all works with Sonos again. 

I  am just happy it works again.