Answered

Associated speaker on wrong account

• 28 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all

I have had a Play:5 at home for many years. My work place purchased some Sonos Ons SLs. I downloaded the new app as the original app couldn’t control these and logged onto the work account to be able to control them from my phone. All worked well...until, I bought a Beam for home! I set this up seamlessly, but as it also uses the new app, unbeknownst it has associated this to my work account.

Is there anyway to transfer the Bean registration to my personal account without transferring the ownership of the whole system. Finding it all pretty confusing!

Cheers in advance

Steve

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 28 January 2023, 18:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

When you are connected to the Beam only, select the Transfer System Ownership option in the app, under Settings > System

You can then enter the email address for your Home account and the Beam will be registered against that rather than the work account.

Thanks Mr T - that worked perfectly. I was panicking it would transfer the whole work account to me!

Userlevel 7

Thanks Mr T - that worked perfectly. I was panicking it would transfer the whole work account to me!

It will only transfer the visible speaker(s) in the app that are connected at that time.

Saves having to factory reset the device if it already shows in the app.