Question

Arc placement less versatile than Playbar

• 24 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello

i really would like to upgrade my playbar with the arc. 
but i am not able to hang my tv on the wall and cannot place the arc in front of the tv. 
i really would like to place it on the current position see picture. 
is it possible to switch off the upfiring speaker or are they just add a angle that it will work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Why not just stick with the PLAYBAR in your situation? It isn’t going to stop working, just because they release the Arc.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Davida111 

The company in the link is in the UK. The stand shown is for the Playbar but may raise your TV enough to clear the Arc. Playbar is 85mm high and the Arc is 87mm high. The combined height of Playbar stand and your TV’s pedestal may allow for enough clearance over the Arc. I’d give them a call...can’t hurt :thinking:

https://staging1.flexson.com/product/tv-stand-for-sonos-playbar/

Cheers!

Edit: The Arc’s upward firing speakers cannot be turned off nor can their angle be adjusted.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello

i really would like to upgrade my playbar with the arc. 
but i am not able to hang my tv on the wall and cannot place the arc in front of the tv. 
i really would like to place it on the current position see picture. 
is it possible to switch off the upfiring speaker or are they just add a angle that it will work?

why not do what I did and put the tv on an Ikea lack shelf, allowing enough space below the tv for the arc. current placement seems far from ideal, even for the Playbar 

Davida111,

You could also perhaps consider a universal ‘adjustable’ desktop TV mount, like the one shown in the link below and raise the TV up to your chosen height and then put the sonos device in front...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RFIVER-Universal-Pedestal-Adjustable-UT1001/dp/B06XRWPNSP/ref=sr_1_49_sspa