Arc placed diagonally edge of wall

• 14 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All,

I have a few questions regarding Arc placement and its surroundings. My TV is placed sort at an angle 30 degrees to the wall against the corner of the room.

If i place the arc parallel to my tv in front then

1. there’s no wall on the left of the Arc, and on the right it faces a wall diagonally
  2. the edges of the arc will be floating in the air although most of it say 75% would be supported by a base

1) Will I be losing out of 5.1.2 capabilities by not having a wall on the left of the Arc ? Let me know if 2) is okay ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @awazinawab, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up. About this question, Arc is designed to support the tabletop and wall-mounted configurations. In this case that it may face the wall diagonally, the sound may not bounce back to the Arc to experience the Sonos Arc's full capability. We can wait for suggestions, feedback, and recommendations from our other Sonos Community users to share their experience with this type of setup. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.