Arc disappears from the app

• 13 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have in my living room Arc+Sub+2xOneSL. When I set up everything works. Suddenly Arc disappears from the app, but not from the network. I have separate network that is only for Sonos speakers. The internet connection is fully open. I can see from the router side that  the Arc is connected all the time to the network and has the IP address. When I restart Arc by pulling out the power cord and pluging it again, it comes alive and also appears to Sonos App. BUT... It should say under system Arc (+ Sub + Surround) now it says Arc ( + ? + ?). Only way to get everything up and running is removing the sub and surround setup, reset all speakers, rejoin them to the network and to system and set up system again. Not very nice from these products.

Is there anything that I can do? All speakers are connected via Wireless to WPA2-PSK network, both 2,4G and 5G band available (I have Ubiquiti Unifi network gear). This is now doing it more than once in a day, so it is starting to annoy me. Otherwise those are great speakers and I love the system, but this is something that I don't like. 

Everything worked couple of months, now this started suddenly and without any network changes.

/Markus

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Sounds like a network config issue to be honest.

Can you disable one of your networks to see what happens.…. is set it up as a sonosnet set up?

I tried a Ubiquiti once as they get some good reviews, but it had a lot of quirks where things would just stop responding on the network…. With me it was mainly Apple devices, but it still sounds remarkably similar to my experience. I sent it back and have never had an issue since.

I know that the ubiquiti devices update their firmware, it would not surprise me that something changed in an update. They are incredibly configurable.

Started looking for also Ubiquiti forums and yes… There are a LOT of problems with people :grinning: