Arc Backorder Progress

If you bought you Arc online from Sonos, when did you order it and when did you finally receive it?  I ordered mid July and the anticipated ship date was July 24.  Now, the anticipated ship date for new orders is mid August.  I am wondering which order dates are currently being delivered.  Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @worders.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Due to the pandemic, there might be a slight delay with the shipment.

You can freely call our sales team 1800-680-2345 to verify the status of your order.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Ordered aug 14 still backordered.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Musicmike69.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience, regarding your order you can freely call our sales team 1800-680-2345 to verify the status of your order.

I waited for months.  I thought it would be available to just pick up at a store but that has not occurred and finally gave up and ordered mine today.  Basically waited for 3 months for nothing.  I am annoyed and has created all sorts of issues as have not been able to have electrician come by to set ANYTHING else up yet as am waiting for this darn ARC.  They really need to increase production to meet demand.

Hi @Musicmike69.

Sorry for the inconvenience, regarding your order you can freely call our sales team 1800-680-2345 to verify the status of your order.

Have you called your own phone number? Wait forever and receive no real answer. Just like your fatuous apology. 

The backorder time for the Sonos Arc is ridiculous, really no excuse for a 45 day+ backorder delay.  And don’t say it all due to Covid, which seems to be the running excuse for customer service issues.

I ordered August 9th and nothing to date. No one has actually answered how long they actually took to receive it.

The backorder time for the Sonos Arc is ridiculous, really no excuse for a 45 day+ backorder delay.  And don’t say it all due to Covid, which seems to be the running excuse for customer service issues.

Out of curious, what do you think the reason is?  I think it’s a combination of Sonos intentionally reducing the size of their inventory in order to cut costs, as well as COVID-19 delays in manufacturing and shipping.    I’m not sure what other reason their could be.

First, it's about transparency, which has been lacking from Sonos when it comes to the true cause of these delays.  I’m responsible for 3 large size manufacturing sites for medical devices in two continents and have fair breath of knowledge of MFG & Supply Chain over 25 years.

Agreed, the problem seems to be related to increased operating costs due to covid but instead of ramping up additional teams/resources to address the customer service/backlog issues, they’ve chosen to MFG with the reduce available capacity and even shift to higher volume products in the short term, hence the longer lead times.  It's not a lack of resources “perse”, more of a management decision to protect margins, at the expense of customer service, because they believe they can, and hide behind “Covid” as an excuse.

Short-sighted as as “we” the consumer, will only bear the wait for so long before looking at other competitors in this space as an alternate option.  I’ve already sampled a few components from others in this space and the technology gap between Sonos and “others” is closing.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ordered early July, shop says they hope to get a shipment mid of September that will be send out to customers by order date.

I expect the delays probably have to do something with the bad reviews impacting the design and or production process. Can’t think of any other reason and covid is a weak excuse as we see no comparable issues for other brands.

So famschopman- you still haven't received yours from your order in early July? That means that I'm looking at October to November before I get mine since I'm a month behind you, that's crazy.

First, it's about transparency, which has been lacking from Sonos when it comes to the true cause of these delays.  I’m responsible for 3 large size manufacturing sites for medical devices in two continents and have fair breath of knowledge of MFG & Supply Chain over 25 years.

What exactly does Sonos need to say to the customer regarding shipping delays?   They have stated that the reduced the size of their inventory, and have laid off staff recently, as well as COVID delays.  Do they need to say more because you don’t except those reasons?

Agreed, the problem seems to be related to increased operating costs due to covid but instead of ramping up additional teams/resources to address the customer service/backlog issues, they’ve chosen to MFG with the reduce available capacity and even shift to higher volume products in the short term, hence the longer lead times.  It's not a lack of resources “perse”, more of a management decision to protect margins, at the expense of customer service, because they believe they can, and hide behind “Covid” as an excuse.

That’s an interesting theory, but you would you need to show data on production orders, sales, and product margins to really make this case.  I am not sure it make sense with what we do know The products that are in stock or ship sooner appear to be the lower priced products and older products. That does seem to fit your volume theory, but I would guess the profit margin is smaller on these products.  As well, it seems likely that demand is higher on the new products, being new and all, and hence there is product available.  Indeed, the black Move, which is older, ships Sept 18, while the white Move, recently released, ships Oct 2….same price and presumably same profit margin.

I’m just not seeing the arguement that Sonos wants to sell more Sonos Ones than they do Sonos Arcs.

Short-sighted as as “we” the consumer, will only bear the wait for so long before looking at other competitors in this space as an alternate option.  I’ve already sampled a few components from others in this space and the technology gap between Sonos and “others” is closing.

And you think Sonos isn’t aware of this?

Ordered early July, shop says they hope to get a shipment mid of September that will be send out to customers by order date.

I expect the delays probably have to do something with the bad reviews impacting the design and or production process. Can’t think of any other reason and covid is a weak excuse as we see no comparable issues for other brands.

Yes, that would explain delays for Arc if that were the case, but it does not explain the delays for other Sonos products.  You are someone correct regarding other brands, although I do see some that are out of stock.  Also hard to tell exactly because we don’t know the comparable demand for different products.

So famschopman- you still haven't received yours from your order in early July? That means that I'm looking at October to November before I get mine since I'm a month behind you, that's crazy.

Well, if you ordered from the same shop, yes.  If you order from Sonos.com or elsewhere, you’re shipping date is unrelated.

Yeah ..I ordered from sonos.com, and I thought that the arc was what this question was about. 

What exactly does Sonos need to say to the customer regarding shipping delays?   They have stated that the reduced the size of their inventory, and have laid off staff recently, as well as COVID delays.  Do they need to say more because you don’t except those reasons?

That’s an interesting theory, but you would you need to show data on production orders, sales, and product margins to really make this case.  I am not sure it make sense with what we do know The products that are in stock or ship sooner appear to be the lower priced products and older products. That does seem to fit your volume theory, but I would guess the profit margin is smaller on these products.  As well, it seems likely that demand is higher on the new products, being new and all, and hence there is product available.  Indeed, the black Move, which is older, ships Sept 18, while the white Move, recently released, ships Oct 2….same price and presumably same profit margin.

I’m just not seeing the arguement that Sonos wants to sell more Sonos Ones than they do Sonos Arcs.

And you think Sonos isn’t aware of this?

Agreed, It's all speculation, on all the comments above, including some of yours.  We can argue both sides ad nauseam to no end. 

My point is, there’s a backlog on their premium components and they continue to accept orders with the promise that we’ll receive the component in some reasonable amount of time, but no real commitment on their end. 

They have plenty of excuses on the “why” but I personally don’t see the transparency from them on when they’ll have their supply chain issues corrected to meet consumer demand.  Just my opinion, and I’m entitled to it.

Anyone receive an arc recently? If so when did you order it / receive it?

Prow94. I ordered mine on August 9th and it is tracking on fedex to arrive tomorrow.

So a 6 week delay. I ordered mine last week, likely won’t see it until early November :cry:

I ordered the entire Sonos lineup for a home theater system (2 Ones, 1 Sub and 1 Arc) on Sep 2nd.

• Sub was in stock and brought home on the 2nd
  • 2 Ones arrive on Sep 10th
  • Still waiting on a shipping date for the Arc

I’ll update this post when I get the shipping date. 

Any other BestBuy customers out there receive a shipping date for the Arc ordered in Late Aug / Early Sep?

Out of curious, what do you think the reason is?  I think it’s a combination of Sonos intentionally reducing the size of their inventory in order to cut costs, as well as COVID-19 delays in manufacturing and shipping.

Out of curious, what do you think the reason is?  I think it’s a combination of Sonos intentionally reducing the size of their inventory in order to cut costs, as well as COVID-19 delays in manufacturing and shipping. 

No reply?

Moderator edit: removed spam links from quoted text. 

For what it’s worth: I just sat on hold for a bit to ask about my Arc/Sub Gen3 order placed on 8/26.  I was informed it would ship this Friday, 9/25 or the following Monday, 9/28.

I ordered an Arc and Gen 3 sub on 9/1 direct from Sonos and my CC was just billed today and my account is now showing processing. I assume that is relatively good news. So it looks like their anticipated ship date of 9/30 might come to fruition. Just an FYI. 

I placed my order on the Sonos site and got notification that it shipped today (9/23). 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi All.

I know most of the customers here are having delayed ordered and we only have limited access here in the community.

As we want to help you track and check your orders we don't have any access so far.

I encourage you guys if possible to contact our sales team to verify and provide you the status of your orders.