Question

Apple TV remote has no mute button

• 13 August 2017
  • 13 replies

How to finish setup an Apple TV remote with sonos if in has no mute button?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Does this help along?
No... I have tried that, however the last step on the setup is to press the mute button that does not exist...
Try and click the Touch surface of the remote.
Already did...
Did you read through this guide?
Tks. My problem is not setting up the remote with Apple TV, but using the remote to control sonos volume. The sonos setup requires that you press a mute button on the remote to complete setup. ( I was able to set up a different remote but not the Apple remote) since the Apple TV remote does dont have a mute button it does not finish set up.
If you have already followed up these steps I'd recommend to get in touch with the Sonos Support on Twitter.
Did you ever get a solution to this? Having same problem.
I have the same problem - any solutions yet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
That Apple TV remote is, by far, the worst remote ever created in the history of remotes. Vertically symmetrical, slippery and super-sensitive, with insufficient buttons. And no IR.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
My solution was on the Apple TV to tell it to control "Sonos via IR" as a receiver... I didn't have to program anything on my Sonos to allow the Apple TV remote to control the volume.
Userlevel 7
MikeV is absolutely correct. I use my Apple TV remote and all you must do is enter the Apple TV settings:

I got it to work by playing a little trick. When the Sonos asked me to press mute on remote three times, I clicked in between the + - button making it think it was a mute button. The volume up,and down works. No mute, but it's something.