Answered

Apple Store purchases

• 6 July 2019
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply
I understand music purchased from Apple Store and downloaded to iPad (or iPhone) will soon not be available to play on Sonos PLAY:5 (ver. 1) speakers unless I upgrade to Airplay compatible Ver. 2 speakers. Does anyone know if I can store this music on DropBox Plus and play directly on my current speakers. Alternatively, is there another workaround available without purchasing new speakers or subscribing to a monthly music website?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by ALL 7 July 2019, 15:56

Thanks for the response

Guess I’m used to an older business model where you buy something, you have it and when a company advertises and promotes a service they honor that commitment. Very old fashion. (I’m an Orthopedic doc - next time I insert a rod for a broken bone I’ll make sure you’ll need a new rod every year or 2 - great revenue generator)

rather than taking a chance on Play:5 version 2 speakers (and then have to buy version 3, 4 and 5 thereafter) I’ll just switch to a different brand
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Workarounds in main thread:-
https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/upcoming-changes-to-on-this-iphone-or-ipad-playback-6826585
Thanks for the response

Guess I’m used to an older business model where you buy something, you have it and when a company advertises and promotes a service they honor that commitment. Very old fashion. (I’m an Orthopedic doc - next time I insert a rod for a broken bone I’ll make sure you’ll need a new rod every year or 2 - great revenue generator)

rather than taking a chance on Play:5 version 2 speakers (and then have to buy version 3, 4 and 5 thereafter) I’ll just switch to a different brand