Answered

Sonos Amp missing from Apple HomeKit

• 10 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
  • Headliner I
  • 998 replies

I’m a bit confused, as I now have the new Amp I so thinking I could add it to HomeKit but it can’t find any sonos devices, what am I doing wrong.

Frankly I would have thought sonos would have addressed this in S2 and added the code to scan.

While I’m here which isn’t know often, what happened to Ryan S, I can see the normal gang are here which is great - sorry guys just don’t get the time to be on here but miss you all :heart_eyes:

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 January 2021, 15:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

While I’m here which isn’t know often, what happened to Ryan S, I can see the normal gang are here which is great - sorry guys just don’t get the time to be on here but miss you all :heart_eyes:

He was made redundant last year, along with a fair few others :sweat:

I don’t have Homekit, so I’ll let others comment on that.

Any/every Sonos Airplay capable device should register as an ‘accessory’ in Apple HomeKit - maybe try rebooting the router Dave and also get closer to the Amp with the iPhone/iPad that you are using to register the device and see if that solves the issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Any/every Sonos Airplay capable device should register as an ‘accessory’ in Apple HomeKit - maybe try rebooting the router Dave and also get closer to the Amp with the iPhone/iPad that you are using to register the device and see if that solves the issue.

Ken,

I haven't tried a reboot yet but I been right next to the Amp.

Sonos in on boost mesh-network

My wifi network is separated 2.4 & 5

I’ll try tomorrow as just had massive Sunday Roast and need some  :sleeping:

Fair enough Dave - it’s an issue I’ve certainly seen too in the past with HomeKit and it’s often solved with rebooting the router. IDevice or Sonos device.. anyhow I’ll let you sleep.👍