App not optimized for iPhone X

• 6 November 2017
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I would like to have a new update fix for iPhone X asap.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

For those of us who don't have one yet, what is wrong that needs to be "optimized"?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Apple left out part of the screen 🙂 Apparently there are visual issues with a whole swathe of apps.

@misanthrope: could you post a screenshot? I'd be interested in seeing how it looks. Also, is any functionality broken, or is it just a visual thing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I love the righteousness of apple users
😃
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Apple left out part of the screen 🙂 Apparently there are visual issues with a whole swathe of apps.

@misanthrope: could you post a screenshot? I'd be interested in seeing how it looks. Also, is any functionality broken, or is it just a visual thing?

Oops, some people other than you are mean here.

Btw, here’s the screenshot for you. Everything seems working fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yeah. app developers need to update their apps to work with the iPhone X. The screen isn't the same aspect ratio as the screens in the other iPhone models, and if the app isn't updated to support the different aspect ratio, it will have black bars above and below the app content.

Given all the feedback they've gotten on the 8.x controller, I'm sure they're working on an update of some sort. Hopefully they'll also add support for the iPhone X screen at the same time. When it will be available... that's a different question. 🙂
Wow you have black bars top and bottom of your sonos app so do I. I’m sure sonos are working on a update for this I think the biggest concern is there is no trueplay for iPhone X yet but given the phone is so new sonos engineers would only be getting a handset to test the microphones on now.
Badge
For me the IPhone X volume buttons are not working with the SONOS app.
My Sonos app on iPhone x has stopped working since the latest version that came out yesterday. Totally sucks!
I've got serious connection problems, since switching from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone X. All my other controllers (iPad, Mac, Windows) are working fine, i did not changed anything in my Sonos, WLan or LAN network.

But since i'm using my iPhone X, the Sonos controller rarely connects to my Sonos network. It's really annoying and i don't know what to do? Any one with the same problem? Or maybe a solution?
Sonos worked great on iPhone 7, now with iPhone X about half way through each song it skips to the next song,,, PIA
That's not a problem with the app, that's an issue with your local wifi. Either with wifi interference, or with duplicate IP addresses in your system, exposed by the soft reboot of the speakers that happens when they update the software.
I've got serious connection problems, since switching from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone X. All my other controllers (iPad, Mac, Windows) are working fine, i did not changed anything in my Sonos, WLan or LAN network.

But since i'm using my iPhone X, the Sonos controller rarely connects to my Sonos network. It's really annoying and i don't know what to do? Any one with the same problem? Or maybe a solution?

I have this problem!
Mine looks fine on my X. Notchless, but here's a screenshot.
I too have this connectivity issue with iPhone X every other device works perfectly! 😞
Delete the app and redownload it. I've never had a problem connecting with mine. Make sure you're also on the proper wireless network.
I too have this connectivity issue with iPhone X every other device works perfectly! :-(

Same here. Refuses to connect consistently. Sometimes power down reboot works, other times not. Same network, same iPhone 6s - no problems. iPhone X is IOS 11.2.1, iPhone 6s is IOS 11.2.
Hi, I have an IPhone X and it won’t connect to my Sonos one as well, has anyone got a solution to this?
Same here. Connection problems on my iPhone X. Switched from iPhone 7 which worked perfectly. My wife still uses her iPhone 7 with no issues controlling our sonos.

I can reproduce the issue when I build a sonos group and go back to home screen. App is not freezed by IOS. Once I bring Sonos app back up to the screen reconnecting to my group does not work.
I totally close the app swiping it up and wait a few seconds. After reopening the app it works again. Very annoying.