Anyone have any idea why sonos just stopped connecting with my android phone 5-10-2021? No phone updates made. No wifi changes. Still connects with my laptop just fune.

Anyone have any idea why sonos connect just stopped connecting with my android phone 5-10-2021? No phone updates made. No wifi changes. Still connects with my laptop just fine.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you rebooted your phone?

What kind of router are you using?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Is it October already!  :hushed:

Thanks for the reply.

Rebooted phone, jumped through all the Sonos hoops including tech service. Nothing working. Using Uniquity..

Liable to be the phone is connecting to a different subnet, if you’re using Ubiquity. Try wiring a Sonos device to the base Ubiquity device, using an Ethernet cable, then wait a couple of minutes to see if it all shows up again, then remove your WiFi data from the controller, so it is SonosNet only. Sonos systems are designed to use a single subnet, I believe Ubiquity often breaks that into several, under the assumption that all devices only connect outwards to the internet, and ignores connections between devices. 

Yep. Those devices not connecting all have different IP addresses. Thanks very much!