Android widgets lose connection

• 22 November 2017
  • 26 replies

Badge
I have three widgets on my android phone, one for each room. The problem is that they don't stay connected, instead I get this message three times instead.
Not connected to Sonos. Tap for more info.

This is what I used to see when I want connected to my home network. Now I get that even when the Sonos app is running.
If I delete one and add it again then all of them work again, until the next time they decide to stop working.

Is anyone else having this problem, or know how to fix it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

Yep, I've got the same issue. I thought it might be my new phone. What phone do you have?
Badge
An S7 edge.
Hmm... Different to mine. Maybe it's an android 7.1 thing.
Same issue for me too - thought it maybe started around the time of the last-but-one update to the app, but not certain. Samsung S8.
Coincidentally, I had an update for my phone last night that took me to android 7.1.2, and the issue appears to have been resolved.
I have three widgets on my android phone, one for each room. The problem is that they don't stay connected, instead I get this message three times instead.
Not connected to Sonos. Tap for more info.

Is this use of three at a time even supposed to work well? I just have the one widget that works fine; obviously I need to change the room if I want to use it for another room. Sounds like an interesting idea though, to have one for each room, I will check that out!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I had a similar issue, had to reboot my tablet to get the widget to work again. Can't seem to duplicate the problem today.

Next time it happens try submitting a diagnostic then post your issue again along with the diagnostic number so staff can look into it.
Userlevel 2
I have had the same problem for days (Nexus 6 - Android 7.1.1). Contacted Tech Support with Diagnostics, they weren't much help. They said they could not reproduce the error. Removing the Widget and then putting it back fixes the issue, but problem returns. Cannot reproduce issue at will: some times works for multiple days, then multiple fails in one day.
Same issue here. Samsung S8. Don't think it's a typical Sonos issue as I had the same with the Google Fit step counter widget.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Same problem. I have to remove and re-add the widget every day. I'm guessing it happens when I leave my home WiFi and connect to the work WiFi and then go back home. Happening on two new Google Pixel's. Quite annoying. One of many, many, many, many things wrong with the new app. I still cannot believe that a) they released it and b) have yet to apologize for it. Just total silence and "we've passed that feedback along".

Steve
Same, Pixel XL 2 8.1 android
Same issue with LG G5. When the widget is tapped the connection is on screen but on exiting the "not connected to sonos" reappears. Frustrating as used to use the widget frequently. Interestingly the sonos notification on the locked screen still works fine but lacks the instant volume control.
same here: one widget, OP3T, android 8.0
I still cannot believe that a) they released it and b) have yet to apologize for it. Just total silence and "we've passed that feedback along". Steve

I really have the impression they don't give a F. I own several Play:1's and a Connect and they are barely usable due to the crappy software. It's a major feature of the product and when that stops functioning properly everything else comes tumbling down. No more Sonos for me if this isn't resolved
I have the same Problem with my LG V30 on 7.1.2. As soon as i leave my home wifi and come back the widgets won't connect again.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Still no fix. Widget loses connection every day. What a joke. But, hey, they're taking our feedback and will let the developers know so we got that going for us.

Steve
Same issues on my Moto.
Are there any problems on Apple or is this just Android?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
When this happens submit a diagnostic ASAP and then post the number to this topic or a new one. Without data the Sonos folks are a bit stumped.
I have the same problem with my Huawei mate 10 lite with android 7.0, when i resize the the sonos widget, then it works fine again until i restart my phone or disable and enable wifi.
I have this exact issue. Diagnostic # is attached.
Badge +2
Have sonos found a solution to this problem. I have an s7 edge and tab s2 and both have the problem. Thanks
Userlevel 2
HI,
having the same prob since longer time ...different devices, two of them never leave wifi (replacement tablets for no longer support CR200) Widgets show 90% "no connection...clicke here...."after clicking, Sonos App starts, tells"connecting to sonos" ...then for unknown time, (few seconds up to several hours) widget show correct information. Sometimes just after changing to other desktop-page and back again, connection has gone....this is really boring .....still no hints for solution ?
does anyone at Sonos read what customers are writing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm finding my widget disconnected so often it is about worthless. I have three tablets permanently hooked to power that have this issue as well as a couple that go to sleep mode that are also seeing the problem.

Sonos doesn't say much about broken stuff or if they are trying to fix it so all we can do is wait and hope for the best.
Userlevel 2
there is a second "message" that sometimes appear in the widget : instead of "no connection..." it says "tap here to activate widget" - but after tapping the widget, the sonsos App starts , which takes quite some 10 seconds meanwhile - then the room is NOT the one the widget once was connected to, so in fact the widget is useless....hey SONOS...ANYone out there how is willing to say sonething to this issue thats unsolved since at least one year?
Just a thought.... have you checked to see if either your sonos app or the widget is being put to sleep by the phones battery optimisation?