Android 9.2 controller issues seeing all rooms?

• 16 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Since installing my Sonos system in 2017 it has been rock solid but since the last 9.2 controller update my Android devices starts to miss various rooms:-(. I've got a variety of speakers One, Play:3, Play:5 and a Connect. The Sonos Controllers are installed on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 & S3 plus S7 & S8 phones. Which speakers are missing seems to be random, note I can ping/see all of the speakers on the LAN. Switching them off and on again does not fix the problem either:-(. My PC Windows 10 controller works fine on all PCs! Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Peter. Thanks for posting your query. Are you using multiple access points? It sounds as thought your devices may be latched on to different segments of your WiFi. This would not affect the PC if it were hardwired to the main router, so this does make sense. Can you clarify? Also, to provide some further insight, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. It would be particularly helpful if we could have one both from the PC and your Android device(s). Many thanks in advance.