Answered

amp with KEF HTS 5001

• 6 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Before i purchase sonos amp, can you confirm if it works with KEF HTS 5001 set? I keep reading that it has issue with 3rd party sub. How do you connect the centre speaker? Thank you
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 July 2019, 17:03

If the KEF is self powered (you didn’t provide a link to the specs) it will work. Note, however, that when the Sonos Amp is used to power surround speakers, the sub output is turned off.

The Sonos Amp does not support a Center speaker, instead it creates a “phantom” center channel by combining signals through the left and right speakers.
View original

3 replies

If the KEF is self powered (you didn’t provide a link to the specs) it will work. Note, however, that when the Sonos Amp is used to power surround speakers, the sub output is turned off.

The Sonos Amp does not support a Center speaker, instead it creates a “phantom” center channel by combining signals through the left and right speakers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Before i purchase sonos amp, can you confirm if it works with KEF HTS 5001 set? I keep reading that it has issue with 3rd party sub. How do you connect the centre speaker? Thank you
As Bruce alludes, make sure you realise that the Sonos Amp is a stereo amplifier, not a multichannel A/V surround amplifier, and will only drive left & right speakers plus the subwoofer output for powered subs.
I have a powered sub, a SVS PB12 Plus/2 and it does not play when connected to the Sonos Amp sub out port. I have called Sonos support and they could not fix it either, furthermore the problem seems to be affecting several other users, I hope it gets fixed or i will have to return it.