Question

Amazon music tracks and iTunes tracks still get interrupted and skip to other tracks or none at all

Hi there. I ran a sent a system diagnostics earlier and wondered if you’d seen my post. Since I had my sonos installed two years ago, music played from iTunes and Amazon music always stops mid track and jumps to another or the music stops altogether. It’s reallg frustrating and means I only use my sonos for radio these days.
The system diagnostics number that I ran was 146323805.
If possible please email me with your response.
Regards
Ben Sandy

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20
Benlaur wrote:

Hi there. I ran a sent a system diagnostics earlier and wondered if you’d seen my post. Since I had my sonos installed two years ago, music played from iTunes and Amazon music always stops mid track and jumps to another or the music stops altogether. It’s reallg frustrating and means I only use my sonos for radio these days.
The system diagnostics number that I ran was 146323805.

Regards
Ben Sandy

Hi Ben,

Thanks for sending in the report. There are a couple things I see that could explain the interruptions. The most recent interruption happened while you were playing from the storage on an iOS device. There's currently an issue that causes playback skips when streaming from an iOS device's storage while there are non-Sonos AirPlay devices active on the network. You can disable AirPlay on those devices, or disable the auto lock on your iOS device to get this type of streaming working again.

I also see some device limit errors when playing from music services. It may help to make sure you're not trying to stream the same service on Sonos and another device at the same time.

It looks like your Connect:Amp is still trying to communicate over your wireless network from time to time. This could be causing the unit to interrupt streaming while its network reconnects. Please head into the Sonos app's settings menu, choose advanced settings and wireless setup. There you can reset the wireless credentials.

Finally, I'd recommend rebooting your router and Conenct:Amp to refresh their network information.

If any issues continue after these steps, send along a new diagnostic report and I'll take a look.

I've removed your email and phone number from your post for your privacy.
Thanks Jeff, could you remove my number and email from another post I did earlier. I can’t work out how to do it.

I’ll try all you’ve suggested and let you know how I get on.

Regards

Ben

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings