Question

All audio output from iPad going through my Play 1

• 13 October 2017
  • 8 replies

Suddenly, ALL the audio output from my IPad with IOS 11 is being played through my Sonos Play 1. Previously only music streamed from Spotify came through on the Sonos. Anyone know how to revert to the only Spotify arrangement? Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I am going to struggle to advise you on that, as I was under the impression that what you describe is impossible. Do you have any other Sonos equipment besides the P:1?
No, just the one unit. I tried on my IPhone which is on the same wireless network and that is functioning normally. I presume from that that it must be down to the settings on my IPad or in the Sonos software on the IPad?
Hi, John. Just thought I would try disconnecting power to the Sonos and powering it up once more. It seems to have sorted the problem out! You tube videos for example now playing through the IPad speakers rather than Sonos. Thanks for your interest.
I'm with John B on this one. Other than connecting the iPad to a PLAY:5 (or a CONNECT) using the headphone jack on the iPad, I'm unclear how to get "all audio output" into the Sonos ecosystem. What items did you test? Was it just music, or did you run some games, and other content that had audio output?

Would you confirm which version of the app you're running, as well?
The Sonos app is version 8. Basically, I was lying in bed this morning, reading my online Guardian on my IPad. When I played a news video on the Guardian website, it was played to the Sonos speaker in the lounge with no output from my IPad. Even the sound of the keystrokes from the IPad relayed to the Sonos. I tried some You Tube video which again played directly to the Sonos. No games were played.
All continues to function normally since the Sonos speaker was re-booted.
Fascinating. Thanks for sharing. That's truly bizarre.
I wish SONOS could recreate that and let us all do that! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This should not be possible whatsoever. I am extremely curious as to how this came about. If this happens again, could you please submit us a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number? Thanks very much.