Answered

Alexa Dot and Sonos

• 14 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Is the Alexa dot compatible with Sonos system? Can you play your Spotify music on Sonos via Alexa dot? Or do I need the Alexa spot?
And does someone know if Alexa can create a shopping list for example and send it to your iPhone? Thanks a lot I'm so lost!
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 14 December 2018, 12:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Is the Alexa dot compatible with Sonos system? Can you play your Spotify music on Sonos via Alexa dot? Or do I need the Alexa spot?
And does someone know if Alexa can create a shopping list for example and send it to your iPhone? Thanks a lot I'm so lost!

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Any device with Alexa can control your Sonos system once you have Enabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa App and linked your Amazon and Sonos accounts. The only caveat is that you need to be in one of the supported countries - can you confirm your location.

Yes, you can create a shopping list with Alexa. There are many ways of doing this, either via the generic shopping list or some stores have their own skills to add the items to your online account basket for that store.
Badge
I have Enabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa App and linked my Amazon and Sonos accounts.
So if i want for some time manage directly from my sonos app and not through alexa, may i do i? what shall i do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have Enabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa App and linked my Amazon and Sonos accounts.
So if i want for some time manage directly from my sonos app and not through alexa, may i do i? what shall i do?

Just install the Sonos app on your mobile device and you have 100% control via the app.
Badge

Just install the Sonos app on your mobile device and you have 100% control via the app.

thak you i solved the problem

i just give the command directly to sonos microphone

o through sono appp