Question

Alarm

• 15 November 2017
  • 8 replies

I have sonos app installed on my ipad and android phone, i have 2 alarms, 1 that my weekly work alarm and one a once alarm. On the andriod app there no way of switching off the weekly alarm, you switch the off come out of the alarm screen go back in and the alarm switch on again, there's no done button to commit the change like on the ios app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Peter I am having the same problem. I have a Monday - Friday alarm, and a weekend alarm that I can not turn off. I switch it off backout and it toggles back on. I have a LG phone.
I have the same problem. With my Iphone no problem but with my tablet Samsung android I can not switch off an alarm, I have to delete the alarm. Switching on an alarm is ok. This is really a bug, please a bugfix asap
Me too, I thought I was going crazy. It worked fine up to a day or two ago, and now, I switch the button to off, and get out of that screen, go back in, and the button has moved to on. I have logged a query with Sonos, they ask a lot of questions about my system that seem irrelevant to me, since nothing has changed in my set up. I suppose one would have to deletean alarm in order to switch it off, and set up a new one to switch it on. Very tedious
Badge
It's been a few months now, and several new releases of the Android Sonos app have passed, without resolving this issue, which clearly is a bug!
On the Android version of the application, yes it is. Tried to get it fixed, but the diagnostic test report didn't work for some unknown reason ie the report, they blamed my wifi router, but my setup with the boost is working fine. Don't know how my wifi is stopping me not being able to turn alarms on and off. Come on Sonos just put a done button on the app like with the ios app
It's a weird bug, but I think I can guess what is going on. (Incidentally, the same applies to the slider for 'Snooze alerts', even if you press 'Save'.).

I wondered if the same problem arises on other sliders, for example in Settings... but couldn't find any in Android. Everything else is check boxes, or OFF/ON toggle buttons etc. All operated by a tap. The code must be interpreting the actions as if this were a check box, so only a tap works, not a slide. Some legacy slider front end remains and has been missed in back testing. The slider still moves on the UI, but the software is waiting for that 'checkbox' to be ticked, which you do when you tap.

Given that Sonos doesn't really do sliders in Android (they are common in the iOS app), perhaps the UI should just change to an OFF/ON toggle for consistency.
Same issue here, is there an official response from Sonos?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
May 3rd I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with support. They didn't have an Android tablet running O/S earlier than 7.x to test. My Samsung Tab running 5.1 won't turn the alarms off. The guy on Support said he would submit this as a "Feature Request". Sure seems like it should be a bug fix to me.