Question

Airplay Problem in Sonos One (after updating firmware version 10.2.1)

• 6 June 2019
  • 8 replies

I'm using Sonos One connected to Mac by airplay.

I've had no problem before updating firmware of Sonos One to version 10.2.1.

After updating version 10.2.1, something happened.

Right after connecting Sonos to my Mac via airplay, Sonos outputs sound from Mac well.

But, a couple of minutes later, Sonos does not output any sound of Mac even though Sonos is still connected to my Mac (in the picture as blow, "Bedroom" is my Sonos one).

Anyone has this problem??

8 replies

No, I haven't. I'd recommend a couple of things. Reboot the Mac, and then reboot the speaker (remove the power, wait a minute, then plug it back in).
@hynicke Mine is Sonos One gen 2 (FW 10.2). It's been having similar problem since day one. I see the connection loss issue here and there, so what i'm thinking of is there is flaw in FW; the one which supports Airplay(2).

Here is my post for your ref: https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/does-sonos-one-gen2-really-work-with-macbook-pro-6826227#post16339182

Please update if you find a fix, or the root cause. Thansk.
No, I haven't. I'd recommend a couple of things. Reboot the Mac, and then reboot the speaker (remove the power, wait a minute, then plug it back in).

I've done everything already, but anything didn't work. 😢
@hynicke Mine is Sonos One gen 2 (FW 10.2). It's been having similar problem since day one. I see the connection loss issue here and there, so what i'm thinking of is there is flaw in FW; the one which supports Airplay(2).

Here is my post for your ref: https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/does-sonos-one-gen2-really-work-with-macbook-pro-6826227#post16339182

Please update if you find a fix, or the root cause. Thansk.

Thank U very much. Hope we can find a solution.
May I suggest that if you think it's an issue with the Sonos, you might want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

I've not had any issues connecting to my Sonos One gen 2 with Airplay 2 on Sonos FW 10.2.1, I connect on almost a daily basis to listen to baseball games. My suspicion is that you may have some wifi interference, either between the speaker(s) and the router, or your Mac and the router. Or possibly even something as simple (!) as a duplicate IP address, which sometimes rears its head after a firmware update from Sonos, due to the fact that the process includes a soft reboot of the speaker, when it asks for a new IP address from your router. Try unplugging your Sonos devices, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.
May I suggest that if you think it's an issue with the Sonos, you might want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

I've not had any issues connecting to my Sonos One gen 2 with Airplay 2 on Sonos FW 10.2.1, I connect on almost a daily basis to listen to baseball games. My suspicion is that you may have some wifi interference, either between the speaker(s) and the router, or your Mac and the router. Or possibly even something as simple (!) as a duplicate IP address, which sometimes rears its head after a firmware update from Sonos, due to the fact that the process includes a soft reboot of the speaker, when it asks for a new IP address from your router. Try unplugging your Sonos devices, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.

Thank you. I submitted a system diagnostic. The confirmation number is 1914950135.
Just as a note, the remaining Sonos Community Forum mods are on the West Coast, to my knowledge, and will be leaving for the weekend soon, so you may not get eyes on that diagnostic until they return on Monday. There are also some in the EU, and will be back Monday morning there. There's occasionally coverage on weekends, but not frequently, and most often it's for forum issues, and not working on diagnostics.

If you'd prefer not to wait, you could contact Sonos Support to discuss it. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.
Just as a note, the remaining Sonos Community Forum mods are on the West Coast, to my knowledge, and will be leaving for the weekend soon, so you may not get eyes on that diagnostic until they return on Monday. There are also some in the EU, and will be back Monday morning there. There's occasionally coverage on weekends, but not frequently, and most often it's for forum issues, and not working on diagnostics.

If you'd prefer not to wait, you could contact Sonos Support to discuss it. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

Thank you for the information. I'll contact Sonos Support.