Answered

Airplay from Sonos One

• 18 September 2018
  • 2 replies

Is there a way to airplay from Sonos One to other airplay2 compatible devices? For example stream a radio station via the Sonos app to both Sonos One and HomePod. I can do it if source is airplay from iPhone, but then phone needs to stay connected.
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 September 2018, 14:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The Sonos App currently has no AirPlay server streaming capability itself and I have not seen anything yet to suggest that may change in the near future. If you can find an iOS App that streams your audio source, like the iOS Tunein Radio App, for example, then yes you can stream the audio to different AirPlay2 devices at the same time, like a Sonos One and a HomePod. The different devices should play in sync, though I have seen reports there were some sync issues in the early release implementations, but hopefully that matter is/has been resolved.

I don’t presently have access to multiple speaker devices to test this feature, but I’m sure others here in the community may be able to comment on the sync issues following the release of the new iOS 12.0 update.
Thanks for input. Yes, streaming from iOS device to both SonosOne and HomePod works nicely, and I have not had any sync issues either. But still, would be a great feature to be able to have the SonosOne stream to other Airplay2 devices.