Airplay disappeared

Hi there,

I recently got a Sonos one and kept using airplay to play music. But airplay function disappeared overnight and I had to turn sonos on and off to get it back. I uploaded a diagnose 747353815 and hope this would assist you in locating the problem.

Many thanks

9 replies

N2019s wrote:

Hi there,

I recently got a Sonos one and kept using airplay to play music. But airplay function disappeared overnight and I had to turn sonos on and off to get it back. I uploaded a diagnose 747353815 and hope this would assist you in locating the problem.

Many thanks

Next time reboot your iOS device rather than the Sonos.
Smilja wrote:

N2019s wrote:

Hi there,

Many thanks

Next time reboot your iOS device rather than the Sonos.

Hi Smilja, thanks for the reply! Sorry about the insufficient information. I have a couple apple devices and none could find Sonos so I presume the problem is with Sonos.
Put you Apple devices to the test by restarting one of them, and see if this resolve the Airplay issue on that device. If it does restart the others as well. Moreover, an update to iOS 12.1.3 may have introduced WiFi connection glitches.
Smilja wrote:

Put you Apple devices to the test by restarting one of them, and see if this resolve the Airplay issue on that device. If it does restart the others as well. Moreover, an update to iOS 12.1.3 may have introduced WiFi connection glitches.

Just replicate it and I tried to restart my apple devices and they still can't find sonos......
N2019s wrote:

Smilja wrote:

Just replicate it and I tried to restart my apple devices and they still can't find sonos......

Do you have the steps to replicate it... It would perhaps be useful for the Sonos Staff to help them when viewing your diagnostic. I’m happy to test things here too.
Ken_Griffiths wrote:

N2019s wrote:

Smilja wrote:

Do you have the steps to replicate it... It would perhaps be useful for the Sonos Staff to help them when viewing your diagnostic. I’m happy to test things here too.

Hi Ken! I left the sonos connected to mac spotify streaming (not airplay) but not playing. Mac went to sleep and after a couple of hours, the airplay just disappeared in all apple devices. iOS version is 12.2 and MacOS10.14
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'd also try a router reboot. (Yes, I know this can cause other temporary issues with IP address allocation.)
pwt wrote:

I'd also try a router reboot. (Yes, I know this can cause other temporary issues with IP address allocation.)

Thanks but it doesn't work 😕
N2019’s,

Sadly I don’t have a MAC here to test this in the exact same way, nor do I subscribe to Spotify Premium to use their 'connect' feature, so sorry I can’t help to try to replicate this issue after-all, but hope your Airplay problem is resolved soon.?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings