AirPlay 2 on Sonos connect amp

• 22 September 2018
  • 2 replies

I have 3 Sonos Connect Amp (bedrooms) and 1 connect (living room tv) and I would like to get AirPlay 2 capabilities. One option is to get a Sonos one and group with the zone that I want to get AP2. Other option is to get an AirPort Express that now can also do Airplay 2. I don’t really need another speaker (the Sonos one), so I am confused on what would be the pros and cons on each option. For example if I get the airport would I be able to stream to different zones each time or just one that is preconfigured. How does it work with the Sonos one? What about Siri capabilities?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Both the Sonos One and the Airport Express option will let you stream to multiple zones, just with different steps. Personally, I'd prefer the AE option, because I don't have to group a speaker that I might not want playing at the moment, or I might want playing something else in a different room.
The only bonus, having the Sonos one would be able to use ask Siri? I think is not that important for me.