Answered

After firmware update, Sound Bar White blinking

• 5 November 2018
  • 7 replies

Green light will light for a moment and sound starts working, but then resumes blinking white.
Sonos sound bar worked fine for months prior.
No changes to Network or router. No other changes to Sonos hardware.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 5 November 2018, 04:31

The blinking white is trying to boot, if possible try hooking it to your router with an Ethernet cable and powering it down and back up again. Give it a few minutes and see if it stabilizes.

Sonos support is available on twitter and facebook if you want to talk with a Sonos tech tonight.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The blinking white is trying to boot, if possible try hooking it to your router with an Ethernet cable and powering it down and back up again. Give it a few minutes and see if it stabilizes.

Sonos support is available on twitter and facebook if you want to talk with a Sonos tech tonight.
Sound bar is connected via cable to router already. I shut it down and let it sit for a while and powered back on. White light blinks ongoing. At one point, green light came on and sound started working again, but as soon as I adjusted sound up or down, sound goes off and white flashing continued.
You may want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Another Sonos firmware update became available today. I applied it and now all is working again. Thank you.
Interesting. Delighted to hear it, too. What version number was it?
V 9.2, Build 4635720, Hardware version 1.9.1.10-1
Huh. Well, I've got no clue as to what changed, but I'm glad it fixed your system.