Answered

Advice - I'm confused!

• 10 March 2019
  • 1 reply

So... I'm having a house redesign and my new kitchen/dining room/lounge needs a Sonos setup! The room will measure 9m x 5m - I'm investing in a 65" TV - I currently have a Beam, 2 x Play 1's and a play 3. Given the size of the room should I invest in a Playbar? should it be wall mounted or sat on a unit below the TV? Would the new in wall speakers be better connected to an Amp instead of a playbar? I'm pretty sure my beam will be redundant but I'm thinking of having my Play 3 in the kitchen part (of the same room) I won't be having the Play 1's behind my settee (unfortunately) Any advice on a suitable set up would be most welcome - thanks:D
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 11 March 2019, 09:06

So... I'm having a house redesign and my new kitchen/dining room/lounge needs a Sonos setup! The room will measure 9m x 5m - I'm investing in a 65" TV - I currently have a Beam, 2 x Play 1's and a play 3. Given the size of the room should I invest in a Playbar? should it be wall mounted or sat on a unit below the TV? Would the new in wall speakers be better connected to an Amp instead of a playbar? I'm pretty sure my beam will be redundant but I'm thinking of having my Play 3 in the kitchen part (of the same room) I won't be having the Play 1's behind my settee (unfortunately) Any advice on a suitable set up would be most welcome - thanks:D

Your right, the Beam is designed for small to medium rooms and would probably struggle in a 9m by 5m room but as you already have one, I would suggest you try it first before buying a PlayBar/PlayBase.

We then get into a much more complicated discussion as this is driven by aesthetics, personal choice, and budget. I would recommend a 5:1 set-up with the Beam, Playbar, or PlayBase, using your 2 x Play:1's as surrounds. I don't think that from a sound quality perspective there is much difference between wall mounted of sat on the unit but you may want to consider the PlayBase for the later use.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Your right, the Beam is designed for small to medium rooms and would probably struggle in a 9m by 5m room but as you already have one, I would suggest you try it first before buying a PlayBar/PlayBase.

We then get into a much more complicated discussion as this is driven by aesthetics, personal choice, and budget. I would recommend a 5:1 set-up with the Beam, Playbar, or PlayBase, using your 2 x Play:1's as surrounds. I don't think that from a sound quality perspective there is much difference between wall mounted of sat on the unit but you may want to consider the PlayBase for the later use.