Answered

Adjusting Rear Speaker volume plus Harmony Elite

• 12 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
1) I have a 5.1 set up with a playbase, sub and 2xOnes. Is it possible to increase the volume of one of the rear One speakers in isolation, (it's further away from my seating position) and if so, how please? I've found that the volume control on each of the One's affects all of the 5.1 system as apposed to that particular speaker.
2) Have people experienced the connection between their Harmony remote commands and Sonos a bit flaky at times?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by ratty 12 June 2018, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

1) If you're doing a Trueplay setup it should try to balance the levels automatically. If it's a manual setup you should be asked how far away the two surrounds are. Set the closer one to the minimum distance, and the further one to the maximum.
Badge
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I've done both manual and Trueplay set-ups, but right rear is further away from my seating position. The left rear is fine (about 3 feet away) but I'm not hearing much sound from RR (about 9 feet away) due to my proximity to both. Just wondered if I could manually adjust the volume for an individual speaker in any way?
No. There are only the two methods I've already described. One thing you could try is simply to angle the nearer One away from the seating position, whilst ensuring that the other one is pointing straight at you.
Badge
Thanks, I'll do that. Thanks again for your time.

Kind Regards