Answered

Adding speakers to existing room

• 10 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
Need some help. I have a Beam, 2 play ones and 2 Ones that I want to add all to the one room connected to my TV. I have added the Beam to the room "Living Room", but then when I go to add the Play ones and the ones, the "Living Room" is not an option to add these 2 and I have to add them to a new room. Then when I turn on the TV only the Beam plays the sound and I have to go into the Sonos App to group them every time. How can I just add all these speakers to the one room so that when the TV is switched on, they all play sound.

Thanks and sorry if there is an answer somewhere else but I just couldn't find it.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 11 March 2019, 08:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

You're mixing two setup's here. A room can consist of a single Sonos Player, a Stereo Pair or a 5:1 set-up. (When you add the Beam, this is created as a Sonos Room and you have the option to add Surround speakers to create a 5:1 setup.)

Under the Rooms tab in the Sonos App, you can Group these Rooms together to play synchronised audio across multiple Rooms. However, the default setting for the Beam is to break this Grouping when it detects a TV input. To stop this happening, just open the Sonos App>Settings>Room Settings and select the Beam from the list. Then scroll down to the 'TV & Remote' section and select 'TV' and deselect 'Ungroup on Autoplay'

Please let us know how you get on.
Badge
Hi UKMedia,

Ok I have now been able to add the 2 Play ones to Beam as a Surround sound system.

I know you said I am mixing 2 setups here so does that mean I cannot also add the 2 Ones as a stereo pair to the Beam/Play ones setup?

Or do I just go and stop the grouping from breaking as you have stated.

Thanks for all your help. I think I am almost there.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

The stereo pair will need to be set-up as a separate Sonos Room but you can use the Sonos App>Rooms tab to group the Rooms together and then stop the Group being broken as mentioned in my first post. You can also create Sonos Groups via voice control, as per this article where I explain about Alexa Groups and Sonos grouping: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/an-overview-and-explanation-of-the-new-support-for-alexa-grouping-6817788
Badge
Thanks very much for all your help. I have this all sorted now and have done as you instructed. It all seems to be working fine now. I have been able to stop the group being broken. That's really handy to know, I wasn't aware of this setting.

Thanks once again for all your help.