Question

Adding Sonos Port to an existing room

• 29 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have a Sonos set up with a playbar and 2 x Play:1 speakers (“living room”). I’ve bought a Port so I can listen to vinyl through my Sonos speakers. 

I have added Port to my system but it is setting Port up in a new room. It will not let me add Port to my existing room. Grateful is somebody could tell me how to add to the existing room. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You can't and don't need to. Set the Playbar room to be the Autoplay room on the Port.

Settings, System, (aelect the Port room), Line in, Autoplay, (select Playbar room).

Then when you play the turntable that is connected to the  Port's line in, the sound will come from the Playbar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I ended up with two rooms, LivingRoom Beam and LivingRoom Table, you can edit the room names to what you’d like to see but keep them enough different you avoid confusion.

Can someone give these instructions in English. It sounds like engineers talking to each other