Adding Device to Existing System

• 1 November 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
Hi, just got a Sonos play trying to connect to system. When you go to the App and add speaker I keep getting a error message. I have tried different Ipads and all come up with the same message, can anyone help out. Pete

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Try setting up with a phone, iOS or android and report back.
Just a guess that along with a pc, the ipad can no longer set sonos up, although I have never seen that error before....
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please remove the Sonos App and then re-install. Let us know how you get on.
Badge
Hi,
ok thanks I will have a go tonight after work and try the iphone setup (re-install on iphone as well) report back tommorrow,
Pete
peter.3models,

I would also cable the speaker temporarily to your main router during the install, in case the speaker is looking for an update to its firmware and is unable to get that update over the wireless connection, for some reason.
Badge
Hi, I did try that method with the speaker in green flashing mode but still came up with the same app error. I am bit concerned because I will be hopefully ordering a beam for xmas.
pete
The error message does appear to infer that it’s a temporary issue, so it maybe that a server required for registration was down somewhere, so I’m hopeful it will work the next time you try the install, but let’s perhaps see how it goes.
Badge
Ok thanks
pete