Answered

Adding a Sub

• 7 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +3
I’m thinking about adding a Sub to complete my 5.1 surround. I already have a Play Base and two play 3’s as my surround. With the base having the bass that it has already would it be worth adding the sub?
icon

Best answer by Kumar 7 July 2019, 02:40

If you are a fan of sound effects heavy movies, do not have a multiplex nearby to see them in, and do not have neighbours on the other side of thin walls, get the Sub.
View original

4 replies

If you are a fan of sound effects heavy movies, do not have a multiplex nearby to see them in, and do not have neighbours on the other side of thin walls, get the Sub.
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
I was in two minds, but with the money-back Sonos offers I decided to get one and see how it was.

I’m keeping mine.

It it adds more depth than the Playbase can provide, and it enhances music too.

Granted, I have the One’s rather than Play:3’s as surrounds, but I still think it will enhance your system.
Badge +3
Ok Kumar and nik9669a, I got the SUB and added it to my existing Play-base and two Play 3’s as my surrounds. What level should I keep the sub at?
I set the level at, all the way.....all I can say it; WOOOOW!!!
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
I’m glad you like it! 😀

i used Trueplay and am quite happy with the levels set, plus a little bit, but now and again I do turn it up “a bit more”.