Question

Connecting Move to 5GHz WiFi

• 11 May 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a 5Ghz router which of course also can use 2.4 ghz.

The sonos app can only find the 2.4ghz network, why is that? ( i use an older bridge to connect my system).

if the sonos system uses 2.4 ghz network and my app device uses 5ghz i can see and control all of my speakers but not the Sonos move. That i do not understand. Someone who can explain that to me.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

@M Rise Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. Have you spoken with anyone in the Dansk Forum? We would need to see an updated diagnostic report number from your current system. Also, we will need your network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged). You will also need to confirm that your network meets our system requirements, and that none of your network equipment is on our incompatible hardware list.

If your router is not properly configured or the Move is in Bluetooth mode you may not be able to properly see or control your Sonos product(s).

Do you have a wired Sonos device? If so that would probably be the reason that all your Sonos devices can be seen by the app except for the Move, as the Move cannot connect to SonosNet.

I can elaborate if you give more information